Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Walking Homeward's Mission


                God has given us many tools here on earth to hear His voice, study His word and to draw closer to Christ in our daily lives as Christians. One of those tools is the written word of fellow believers.
                As a Christian body we are to be there to support, nurture, protect, reprove and like iron on iron help shape, chisel and sharpen each other into better Biblical Christians seeking nothing more than to honor and exalt our Heavenly Father and our Lord Jesus Christ. This blog I have started has a 2 part function.
                First, it is a place for me to list book reviews I have done on Christian authored books that I would like to share with you. As stated above, written words from other believers can help us in our lives. I wish to use this blog to help bring some of those works that have encouraged and assisted me in my walk to you as well and share the inspiration. It is my goal that my reviews will be honest and fair in nature and that the works that I feature will be fruitful recommendations to you in your life.
                Second, I will also be posting written works of my own. Through my own schooling and education as well as my own personal growth I have accumulated many short works, essays and studies that I will share with the followers of this blog. Any work I post is a work of Biblical study and will be focused on the truths and lessons we learn from God’s written Word. It is my prayer that the Holy Spirit will work through my writings and not my own understanding so as to provide you with pure encouragement from the Bible.
                I hope that any and all who view and follow this blog will find it encouraging and a benefit in your walk homeward toward Christ. My posts will not follow any particular schedule or routine so please follow or subscribe for email updates. I also ask that if you read a review, have been blessed by a book that I have reviewed or found encouragement from a written work of my own posted here that you will pass it on and share it within your social networks. You never know who’s life you may encourage by simply sharing.
In Christ,
C.S.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing! I'm a bit of a Christian bookworm and will check your post often for new reviews.

    ReplyDelete